Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Dream a Little Dream

A couple of weeks ago I decided to watch a movie from my past...."Dream a Little Dream". I first saw this movie when I was a freshman in high school. I remember it clearly, it was a volleyball team sleepover at our coach's house. My friend, Kelly and I loved Corey Haim and I can still hear her today quoting one of his lines from the movie...."Hello Honey" (to be said with an islander accent). Anyway, another reason why this movie is so fresh in my mind is because it introduced me to the song that would become my all time favorite songs. To this day, "Into the Mystic" by Van Morrison has and remains to be my number 1....no song can top what that song does for me. Anyway, I begin to watch the movie and within the first couple of scenes I realize..."hey, that building looks like the one downtown (Wilmington)"....as I continue watching I realize that whole movie was filmed in Wilmington...huh, who'd thought that eighteen years later I would be living in the town that...in a way, introduced to me Van Morrison. I enjoy the symbolic-ness of it. Here is a picture I took of the building back in October when I was meeting my friend Crystal and her son David downtown.....


And here we are again....Thanksgiving morning.....it was a ghost town, and I loved it!

I still have quite a few pics of Wilmington I need to post...will try to get that done sooner than later.

No comments: